Monthly Archive: January 2011

Jan 24

How to Call a SOAP Web Service from Google App Engine using Python

In the .NET world, we take a lot of things for granted. Having recently started a new project with Google App Engine (GAE) and Python, I came to realize that one of those things is SOAP web services.

Continue reading »

Jan 08

HostsChanger 1.1 Released

I’ve just released V1.1 of my HostsChanger tray application. If you frequently change your hosts file then this little app is for you! Head on over to the HostsChanger page.

Jan 07

How to make IIS7 play nice with Office Interop

I’ve just started working on a new project for which we had to dig out one of our older libraries. We wrote it to retrieve data from MS Excel workbooks using the Office interop assemblies, and thus far it has never given us issues. A slight change this time round was that we were using …

Continue reading »